So you've made the jump into the world of essential oils. Now what?! There are soooo many uses for essential oils. It's almost overwhelming at first so I recommend starting slow. Write down your ailments and/or needs and start from there. You can make oil "recipes" to treat skin conditions, you can mix up a batch of pain cream or even use them individually in your favorite brownie batter. SO MANY USES!
A few quick tips:
- Always store your essential oil recipes in glass jars & containers. If you are worried about breakage try to find food-grade, BPA-free plastics.
- There are a million different carrier oils to use! Start simple and build your collection from there. If all you have is olive oil now, great! Use it! I personally love coconut, safflower & vitamin E oil for my recipes.
- Pinterest is amazing for finding fun and new recipes, but I always make sure to double check safety in my Essential Oils Pocket Reference. This is THE book to have for everything essential oils. I call it my "Oily Bible"!
- Some Young Living essential oils can be taken internally. When using capsules to ingest oils, make a batch ahead of time and place them in a zip lock bag in the freezer. This saves time in the mornings and keep the capsules from dissolving.
- Keep a stash of Mason Jars handy. These are great for storing creams and also for pouring left over water/eo mixtures from your diffuser.
Containers, Jars, Bottles & More
- Glass Roller Bottles, 1/3 oz (perfect for your purse!)
- 2 oz Glass Spray Bottle
- 2 oz Glass Jars (Perfect for sleepy cream and pain cream recipes)
- Ello 22 oz. Glass Water Bottle with stopper (My fav!)
- Lifefactory 20 oz glass water bottle w/silicone sleeve
- Lifefactory 9 oz glass water bottle w/ silicone sleeve (for kids)
- Lifefactory sippy cup adapters for 9 oz bottles
Carrier Oils & Other Ingredients
- Liquid Coconut Oil (carrier oil for roll ons and mixtures)
- Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil (for creams and lotions)
- Safflower Oil (carrier oil that is great for acne prone skin)
- JASON Vitamin E Oil
- Humphrey’s Witch Hazel (for sprays)
- Empty size 00 vegetarian capsules
Resources & Literature
- EOPR (Essential Oil Pocket Reference)
- Gentle Babies: Essential Oils & Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Infants & Young Children
Eryn Laviolette Photography is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com